Evidence Informed Clinical Cupping
Date; June 22 and 23, 2019
Time; 8:30 am to 5:30 pm each day
Where: DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown – Plaza A&B Room, 455 South Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
CEU’s: 16 NCBTMB
Cost: $375.00 USD / $495 CDN
Cupping Canada Inc is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider and is also sponsored by NCBTMB to teach New York LMT’s continuing education that is accepted by the state of New York for license renewal.
This is not an AMTA-NY Class
Are you interested in an Evidence Informed Clinical Cupping course to take your practice to the next level? We have a course coming your way! 16 hours, 10 different types cups to use, learn the essentials, proper high level disinfection, the lastest cupping research and lots of hands on time to have you ready to cup after day 1!
Join us and learn how to provide quick and effective pain management for the enhanced mobility of your clients with Cupping Therapy. Interested in learning how to educate your clients on the ways in which a program of Cupping Therapy fits perfectly into their wellness activities? Let’s delve into the history, theory, research and ethics in Cupping Therapy in order that you have a volume of knowledge not only about how best to provide this treatment, but also how to explain it, how to recognize contraindications, and how to enhance overall client retention.
This Cupping course is unique in that we do not focus on any one ‘type’ of Cupping Therapy but rather focus on the research available and the types of treatments that can be provided using the various products in the marketplace. This approach provides you with the knowledge and skill on how to use a number of different types of cups to achieve the overall therapeutic outcome your clients are looking for.
We provide you with information on how to treat common client complaints by using Cupping Therapy for the overall outcome of your client’ treatment plan. We will review the functional anatomy of the musculoskeletal system of the body and how to enhance circulation using Cupping Therapy and provide the techniques to use that are specific for the treatment of injuries and enhancing mobility. There is evidence that Cupping Therapy can influence the nervous system and has been shown to influence research subjects’ perception of pain…so join us and discover the ways that you can make a big difference in your clients’ wellness journey.
Save your body and your hands and most importantly, discover how the versatility of Cupping Therapy can transform your practice into life changing bodywork.
Registration cost includes a 4-piece set of silicone cups.
What We Cover:
- The history of cupping therapy and its impact.
- The principles of myofascial cupping and supporting evidence.
- The physiological and neurological effects of cupping.
- The indications, contraindications, and precautions for cupping therapy.
- The evidence-informed research for cupping therapy.
- Cupping applications based on assessment of the client.
- How to use and apply cupping therapy with safe and sound reasoning.
- Positioning and technique for optimal results.
- How to identify, address and modify techniques appropriate for a range of treatments.
- How to perform treatments for the upper body.
- How to perform treatments for the lower body.
- The benefits and outcomes of cupping for educating your clients.
- Review and provide protocols to relieve muscle tension.
- Review and provide protocols to support myofascial release.
- Review and provide protocols to support lymphatic circulation.
- Review and provide protocols to properly sanitize and safely use silicone and vacuum cups.
- How to integrate cupping therapy into your current clinical practice.
- Hands-on, hands-on, hands-on time!
Instructor: Paul Kohlmeier, BPE, RMT, R.Ac.
Registered Massage Therapist and Registered Acupuncturist, Paul Kohlmeier is an experienced and skilled therapist who is also trained as a Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbalist. Graduating with a Physical Education degree from the University of Manitoba, Paul went on to obtain his Diploma in Massage Therapy from Wellington College and Diplomas in both Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine from the Hua Xia Acupuncture and Herb College of Canada. Paul has a wealth of information looking for ways to get out of his head…which has led him to teaching and lecturing over the last 15 years.
Paul runs a community acupuncture practice, in addition to his Massage Therapy practice from his clinic based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In addition to his keen interest in Massage Therapy and Chinese Medicine, Paul is a self-proclaimed research geek having participated in the World Fascia Congress, IN-CAM and the Massage Therapy Foundation Research Conference and loves bringing everything he learns into the treatment room as well as the classroom.
Being certified in both Massage Therapy and Chinese Medicine, Paul has a unique ability to speak to the two different bodies of knowledge. He takes a decidedly different approach, working towards an explanatory narrative that represents current thinking and science, as well as adding a feedback-based model of explanation that includes a patient-directed approach.
Contact Info: Phone: 307-429-3271; Email: email@example.com
Link to Register: https://cuppinginternational.com/discount/NY-LMT?redirect=%2Fcollections%2Ftraining-workshops