Gross Anatomy Lab Lecture – Upper Body- Central New York
For centuries, Gross Anatomy has provided modern medicine with a strong foundation for exploration, information gathering, and research. Through the careful palpation of dissected cadavers, this class will offer massage therapists the ability to enhance their understanding of the human body and anatomy, especially the skeletal system.
1. Students will be able to identify and understand the major skeletal components of the cervical area, shoulder & upper extremity.
2. Students will be able to conduct cadaver palpation and exploration to their level of comfort in a gross anatomy lab setting using proper safety equipment, techniques and practices.
3. Students will be able to identify the correlation between structure and function of the designated area.
4. Students will be able to identify common pathologies and/or injuries endured by the designated area and the kinesthetic outcome/limitation of such injury. Examples include a tendon or ligament tear, cervical disc herniation, rotator cuff injuries, and more.
5. Students will recall a brief synopsis of gross anatomy history.
This class can be applied toward the ”Specialty Certificate in Military Veterans Massage.” This is the first of its kind in the nation, click here for more details on this unique program.
PRESENTER: Dr. Kelly Meyers, PT, DPT, CSCS, CPRP, currently treats adults and children while practicing outpatient physical therapy and sports injury rehabilitation in conjunction with dance and Pilates rehab services at the Upstate Medical University Outpatient Therapy.
PRESENTER: Dr. Norton Berg, PhD is a professor of gross anatomy at SUNY Upstate Medical University and director of the anatomical gift program.
CLASS MATERIALS: Wear clothing that is unimportant as smells from the Lab can be strong.
Location: 765 Irving Avenue (corner of Irving and Waverly Avenues) in Syracuse, New York.
Limited Parking Available Under the Building. Once full parking garages are located nearby.
Early registration ends October 7, 2017, so register today!
Early: $120 | Regular: $200
Early: $200 | Regular: $280
Payments of cash will not be accepted at the door - only checks or credit cards.
CEH’s will be granted only to those who register and attend the entire class. No partial credit can/will be awarded.
Cancellations of more than 14 days prior to a class are eligible for a full refund. Cancellations less than 14 days are not refundable, but monies less a $100 processing fee may be applied to any future AMTA-NY Chapter event. No shows are not eligible for refund or use on future classes. Cancellations are based on post mark or email date and all cancellations must be in writing. Exceptions made only with approval of the AMTA-NY Chapter Board of Directors. Continuing Education Credit Certificates given only upon successful completion of class. No partial credit will be issued. Partial refunds for non-completed classes given only in emergency situations and with Chapter President’s approval.
AMTA New York Chapter is an Approved Provider for continuing Education by the NYSED Office of the Professions State Board for Massage Therapy (#003)
and by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) (#450787-08).
We welcome all licensed massage therapists and currently enrolled massage therapy students to our classes, however per New York State law, you must have a New York State massage therapy license to participate in the hands-on portions. (Currently enrolled students may participate in hands-on if accompanied by their school instructor.)