Integrated Neuromuscular Therapy and Ortho Assessment of the Shoulder and Arm
Class title: Integrated Neuromuscular Therapy and Ortho Assessment of the Shoulder and Arm
When: Saturday-Sunday, April 6-7, 2019
Where: Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences 151 W. 26th Street New York, NY 10001
CEU’s: 13 NY State, 13 NCBTMB, 13 FL State
This is not AMTA-NY Class
Class Description: This class can be taken independently, or as part of the full series that comprises the Integrated Neuromuscular Therapy and Ortho Assessment Certification
This module will explore musculoskeletal anatomy and function of the Shoulder and Arm. Lectures will be focused on muscle location / function and activity of daily living (work, hobbies, sports) stressors that will cause dysfunction within the musculoskeletal system, and with this information we will examine the main physiological factors that may create or intensify pain patterns, including nerve entrapment/compression, trigger points, pathologies and postural distortions.
The course will also include Ortho Assessments to the shoulder / elbow / wrist, so as an LMT, we know when and where to treat appropriately. We will then apply this knowledge with specific integrated NMT protocol, by applying manual advanced tissue techniques to relieve myofascial trigger points and other soft tissue dysfunction. Practice will include demonstration, palpation, verbal walk through and practice time.
Included within the course:
- Comprehensive muscle study – location, function, stressors and trigger point referral patterns of over 12+ muscles
- Various muscle and connective tissue dysfunctions / pathologies will be discussed i.e., Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, shoulder impingement, Rotator cuff tear, shoulder muscular imbalance, epicondylitis, carpel tunnel
- An Orthopedic testing technique will be demonstrated for shoulder/elbow/ wrist
- The relationship of the arches to postural balance
- Techniques will include: Trigger point release, Myofascial Mobilization principles, Muscle Energy Techniques, Cross Fiber Friction, and various muscle lengthening techniques. Also included emphasis on utilizing correct body mechanics
- 10 + hrs of extensive hands-on work
- Extensive manual of all treatments, muscles (their anatomy and physiology), most lecture notes
This class can be taken independently, or as part of the full series that comprises the Integrated Neuromuscular Therapy and Ortho Assessment Certification
Jeff brings NMT to a whole new level with nearly 20 years of rehab experience. He not only incorporates palpation and release of tps, but with his background in exercise and education and his extensive clinical experience, he has enhanced the NMT procedures with Orthopedic Assessments, Muscle Energy Technique Stretching and strength training. The in-depth and precise NMT and Ortho Assessment protocols you are going to learn in this course will assist you in working with each client’s specific needs towards bringing a resolution of ongoing body pain. And will in turn elevate your practice to a whole other level. Some students call Jeff’s training “trigger-point therapy course on steroids.” See the sidebar for testimonials.
This is a stand-alone course that can be taken individually, independent of the Certification, so no prerequisite is required and no additional modules are required unless you want to complete the full Certification.
In order to become Certified in Integrated NMT, then you would need to complete the additional 5 modules that comprise the Certification and pass a written and practical test. Click here to learn more about the Integrated Neuromuscular Therapy and Ortho Assessment Certification and the discount if you sign up for the full Certification.
Instructor: Jeff Mahadeen, LMT, Certified Structural Integrator
Contact info for questions: Phone: 212-924-5900 ext. 265; Email: email@example.com
Link to register: https://ce.swedishinstitute.edu/product/integrated-neuromuscular-therapy-and-ortho-assessment-of-the-shoulder-and-arm-april19/